Serving Hudson Valley, Rockland, Orange, Duchess County
Elder lawÂis a relatively newer area of the law which focuses on serving the needs of older adults (senior citizens) and persons with disabilities. It is a multidisciplinary legal area including the planning for incapacity, long term care and other needs of older persons. Michael Giordano’s Elder Law practice includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Powers of attorney
- Estate Planning and probate
- Health care proxies and living wills
- Long term care insurance issues
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Navigating the Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security systems
- Promoting quality care in both institutional and community settings through regulatory and legislative activities – nursing homes; assisted living facilities and Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs)
- Preventing and remedying elder exploitation and abuse; and
- Providing retirement, estate and financial planning.
Contact Mike Giordano, a caring and compassionate elder law attorney (lawyer for the elderly or senior citizen), for a complimentary consultation regarding you, your spouse or your family member’s needs.